If you’re looking for the easiest meatless meal that satisfies, look no further.
You can take inspiration from this “non-recipe” to create your own perfect meal.
The actual ingredients you use may change from season to season as different vegetables are available but don’t let that deter you.
Your version may even change from week to week as you need to be more frugal one week and less frugal the next.
It may change from day to day as you just feel like eating something different; look on it as an opportunity to be creative in the kitchen.
You see, this recipe for Easiest Meatless Meal isn’t exactly a recipe, but an outline – meant to inspire you for your next veggie-only dish.
Want to get others involved? Whether it's a "cook-your-own' dinner party or you have fussy kids (ie. husband) that each want something different, here's one way to satisfy all those eaters. Instead of making one BIG packet, make many smaller ones. Let the children or your guests each choose what goes in their packet. Have prepared a wide selection of vegetable and herb choices for them in advance.
One week you could even add meat if you wanted - just make sure you cut it into smaller pieces to make sure the meat gets cooked right through.
Easiest Meatless Meal
Ingredients: your choice
Here’s what we used as shown in the photos:Pattypan squash, peppers, onions and tomatoes.
But you can also add: Fresh herbs like basil, parsley, rosemary, chives, and oregano - or whatever you like.
Mushrooms, eggplant, garlic, carrots, zucchini, swiss chard, kale and plenty of other veggies also work well.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. While the oven is pre-heating, chop up some veggies and put them in a bowl.
3. Add some herbs.
4. Add some olive oil.
5. Toss the whole works together until well coated with the oil.
6. When your veggies are well coated, wrap them up in a big square of foil. The butcher’s wrap is the best way to seal these packets.
7. Place the packet (or packets) on a baking dish.
8. Bake at 350 F for about 40 minutes or so.
9. Drizzle with your favorite balsamic reduction and serve over rice, quinoa or just have it by itself.
Best Pennywise Tip is A word of caution: Seal each packet of veggies with the "butcher's fold.
1. Tear off enough foil to completely go around the veggies, making sure to leave a few inches of overlap in each direction.
2. Place food in center of foil.
3. Bring two sides of foil together at the top, align the edges, and then, holding edges together, fold the edges over neatly two or three times. Repeat on ends.
The package will be easier to open and re-close, if you need to check for doneness and you will also avoid the chance of hot juices spilling out.
Don't Forget To Claim Your
FREE "Saving Money on Groceries" Ebook -
Simply Click the Book below!:
If you are:
arranged this special deal that you can get for FREE TODAY!
CLICK THE BANNER BELOW FOR INSTANT ACCESS.
Welcome to Best Pennywise Tips!
Thanks for coming by. We are
currently undergoing a big transition with our website so, please bear with us
as we learn and grow. And talk about a Best Pennywise deal – our website program
has done a million dollar PLUS upgrade – without charging us a single cent! Now
that’s a deal.
Best Pennywise Newsletter (with more tips) and Your Best PennywiseTips! where you can share your tips to save time, money and help others to live frugally.
Feb 10, 17 01:03 AM
Attract bees? Attract Butterflies? Now build a natural bird feeder to attract and keep your local bird population.
Feb 10, 17 12:57 AM
You will find these 30 WordPress tips handy if you work from home or are wanting to build a second income stream or add to your list of side hustles.
Jan 04, 17 02:35 AM
PLR Business Start-Up Tips What is a PLR Business and how do I get started? are some of the first questions people ask when they are looking for a home business that is a good fit.