Katherine Hepburns Zucchini Soup, seasoned with curry, this delicious soup is an excellent way to use up a plentiful harvest of zucchini from your garden. But zucchini often can be found for a good price so even if you purchase your squash from the local grocery store in the winter this a cost conscious recipe.
No garden? In the summer check out your local Farmer's Market for freshness and good quality.
1 large or 4 to 6 small zucchini
6 carrots, sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 -2 celery stalks, chopped
3 -4 cups chicken broth
½ to 1/ ½ curry powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 – 3 Tablespoons butter (optional)
1. Wash and prepare all the vegetables.
2. Put in a large soup pot. Add just enough water to cover the chopped vegetables.
4. Add chicken broth. Cook till vegetables are soft. Cool slightly.
5. Process cooked vegetables in blender or food processor until pureed. (Be very careful if the vegetables are still quite hot!)
6. Return pureed vegetables to soup pot, add seasonings and adjust to taste.
7. Reheat gently until serving temperature.
1. Steam or omit carrots and saute chopped vegetables in butter until soft.
2. Proceed to puree the softened vegetables in a blender or food processor with some of the chicken broth as above.
3. Return to pot and continue cooking, adding seasonings.
Makes 6 servings. Unless, of course, you are greedy.
Best Pennywise Tips:
Use the best quality freshest curry powder you can afford for best flavor.
We love the addition of carrots for the flavor, color and body they add to the soup.
This soup is delicious served with hot rolls, baking powder biscuits, or croutons.
Katherine Hepburn Zucchini Soup is a great way to use up garden fresh zucchini squash. It’s enjoyable during the harvest season - think Instant Meal – for a low cost meal, either for lunch or dinner. You can have it made in minutes.
If you make this with vegetables from your garden and homemade broth, it will be almost a free meal!
Freeze extra for friends and neighbors, too.
You can read here about how I originally got this recipe - one good neighbor sharing with another.
Find a recipe here to make it in quantity.
3 Crockpot Soup recipes you might enjoy, too. Includes 16 Bean Soup, Vegetable Beef Soup and Barbecued Beef n' Bean Soup
Katherine Hepburns Zucchini Soup: Return To Homepage
If you are:
arranged this special deal that you can get for FREE TODAY!
CLICK THE BANNER BELOW FOR INSTANT ACCESS.
Welcome to Best Pennywise Tips!
Thanks for coming by. We are
currently undergoing a big transition with our website so, please bear with us
as we learn and grow. And talk about a Best Pennywise deal – our website program
has done a million dollar PLUS upgrade – without charging us a single cent! Now
that’s a deal.
Best Pennywise Newsletter (with more tips) and Your Best PennywiseTips! where you can share your tips to save time, money and help others to live frugally.
Nov 24, 17 06:48 PM
Here's 10 Santa snacks your favorite Christmas Elf will be sure to love. You'll be ready when he pops down the chimney!
Nov 24, 17 05:46 PM
Here are some of our favorite collected quotes. (And we've been collecting them for a long time!) There are some famous sayings and wise words - some to enjoy and some to share.
Nov 23, 17 05:07 PM
Elisabeth sent in this recipe for a delicious homemade easy Cabbage Pork Stew - watch for the surprise ingredient.