Lemon Bars, oh, so pretty – and such a citrus-y fresh flavored treat. I could eat these every day. If you like the taste of citrus, you'll love these, too.
With a soft cookie type (almost like shortbread) crust on the bottom and that slightly gelled tangy pudding topping, oh, yum!
You'll probably have all the ingredients already in your cupboard ready to hand. This recipe whips up so quickly, is so
pennywise, cost-effective and downright cheap to make, you could make these
every day, too! I dare you!
You'll get supreme flavor if squeeze your juice fresh but I mostly just grab some bottled juice cause I always have it on hand for these dessert emergencies.
Of course, I'm sure, for you health conscious nibblers, that with all that fresh citrus juice in them that these little treats are healthy for you, too. (that's why you're munching on them, right?)
So, go on, enjoy!
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup sifted powdered sugar (Icing sugar) or granulated sugar
½ cup butter or margarine
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
Powdered sugar (Icing sugar)
1. Stir together flour and powdered sugar.
2. Cut in butter till fine and mixture clings together.
3. Pat into an ungreased 8x8x2 inch baking pan.
4. Bake at 350 F for 10 to 12 minutes until just golden.
5. While bottom crust is baking, in mixer bowl, beat eggs; add granulated sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice.
6. Beat till slightly thick and smooth, up to 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Stir together the 2 tablespoons flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture.
8. Blend until just moistened.
9. Pour over still warm baked bottom layer.
10. Bake at 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes.
11. Sift powdered sugar over top, if desired.
12. Cool; cut into bars.
Options: These are a family favorite and the most popular choice to take to Pot Lucks.
I have used whole wheat and white flour for these.
I usually double the lemon topping and add more grated lemon peel.
If you want your Lemon Bars to be party perfect, make them extra pretty by laying a paper doily over the top and sifting the powdered icing sugar through it to leave a design.
Hey, want to try another Recipe? I haven't even tried this one but I'll throw it in for nothing!
It won't be as luscious because it won't have that real juice in it but who knows, you might just want a change one day. And - it does have cream cheese added to the icing mix topping. That's why this recipe for Lemon Bars is called...
Easy Cheesy Lemon Bars
1 package Lemon cake mix
1 Stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
1 package of Lemon frosting mix
8 oz Cream cheese, softened
1. Mix all ingredients for the cake/crust together.
2. Do NOT add any ingredients to the cake mix as per the box instructions.
3. Pat into the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan.
4. Mix together the frosting mix, 2 eggs, and cream cheese.
5. Pour evenly over cake batter and bake at 350F for 40 minutes.
Don't Forget To Claim Your
FREE "Saving Money on Groceries" Ebook -
Simply Click the Book below!
If you are:
arranged this special deal that you can get for FREE TODAY!
CLICK THE BANNER BELOW FOR INSTANT ACCESS.
Welcome to Best Pennywise Tips!
Thanks for coming by. We are
currently undergoing a big transition with our website so, please bear with us
as we learn and grow. And talk about a Best Pennywise deal – our website program
has done a million dollar PLUS upgrade – without charging us a single cent! Now
that’s a deal.
Best Pennywise Newsletter (with more tips) and Your Best PennywiseTips! where you can share your tips to save time, money and help others to live frugally.
Feb 10, 17 01:03 AM
Attract bees? Attract Butterflies? Now build a natural bird feeder to attract and keep your local bird population.
Feb 10, 17 12:57 AM
You will find these 30 WordPress tips handy if you work from home or are wanting to build a second income stream or add to your list of side hustles.
Jan 04, 17 02:35 AM
PLR Business Start-Up Tips What is a PLR Business and how do I get started? are some of the first questions people ask when they are looking for a home business that is a good fit.