Are you looking for natural insecticides? Tired of using noxious chemicals to keep pests out of your garden? A few inexpensive items you probably already have in your home or growing in your garden can save you money and be made very quickly.
Here are a few natural recipes for repelling pests from your yard and garden.
1. Hot Chili Pepper Spray – Known for killing caterpillars. Blend 500ml of chopped, fresh chili peppers or 250ml crushed, dried chilies with 500ml of water until the mixture is liquefied. Use immediately after preparing and avoid contact with eyes.
2. For larger-sized pests such as rabbits, possums, slugs and snails, add one cup chopped wormwood to the chili recipe. Once liquefied, add mix to 5 cups boiling water and steep for an hour. Strain before spraying. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Can also be used for white flies and aphids (be sure to spray under leaves for aphids).
3. Garlic-based sprays are versatile and can repel or kill a large variety of pests, especially ants, cabbage worms, and caterpillars.
· Basic Garlic Spray: steep 4 coarsely chopped garlic cloves in a quart of water for 2-3 days. Then liquefy the mixture in a blender
· Garlic Hot Pepper Spray: same as basic spray – just add 3-4 chili peppers to mixture before blending
· Garlic Hot Pepper & Onion Spray: good for red spider mites and aphids. Chop head of garlic and 1 medium onion (no need to peel). Add chopped garlic and onion to 5-6 cups water and add 1 tbsp cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes. Once cooled, let sit in glass jar for 4-6 weeks. Strain formula and use 1 tbsp of formula to 1 Qt water to make a spray solution. Avoid eyes and skin.
· Garlic Oil Spray: kills aphids, mosquitoes and onion flies. Chop 3-4 heads of garlic. Steep in 2 tbsp of mineral oil for about 24 hours. Then mix 1 tsp of fish emulsion mixture with 2 cups of water and stir until dissolved. Combine fish emulsion mixture with garlic and mineral oil. Strain and store in a glass container (not metal). This is a concentrated mixture so use 1 tbsp per 1 1/4 cups of water to make spray solution.
4. Basic Soap Spray: gently (so it doesn’t foam) mix 1 tbsp of liquid vegetable soap with 1 Qt of water.
If you are:
arranged this special deal that you can get for FREE TODAY!
CLICK THE BANNER BELOW FOR INSTANT ACCESS.
Welcome to Best Pennywise Tips!
Thanks for coming by. We are
currently undergoing a big transition with our website so, please bear with us
as we learn and grow. And talk about a Best Pennywise deal – our website program
has done a million dollar PLUS upgrade – without charging us a single cent! Now
that’s a deal.
Best Pennywise Newsletter (with more tips) and Your Best PennywiseTips! where you can share your tips to save time, money and help others to live frugally.
May 19, 17 04:35 PM
The secret to learning how to attract butterflies to your garden is making your yard more inviting to them.
May 19, 17 04:27 PM
There are so many ways on how to attract bees into your yard or garden, just as there are many good reasons why we need to help save the bees. They are vital to the health of agriculture and
Apr 22, 17 01:04 AM
If you really want to GO Green – that is, be ecologically sound – one of the first things is to learn how to make compost. We all eat, so we all can compost.