Here are 5 save money tips if you want to save money but don’t know how.
Do you ever feel like you are depriving yourself when it comes to saving money? Don’t be disheartened. Try these five money saving ideas, you save money without breaking a sweat!
1. Reduce or eliminate magazines. If you are a typical North American family, your mailbox gets its regular fill of magazines: business, sports, home and garden magazines. If you’re not getting full value (useful information) consider reducing the number of subscriptions. Or could you share a subscription with a neighbour or family member? Remember also that magazine subscriptions often go on sale so check their websites, or a website that sells magazines, online.
Annually, if you paid an average of about $20 per magazine and if your family subscribed to 5 different magazines, that’s already $100 savings per year!
If you still need the information from such magazines, try to check out their websites and you’ll be surprised at how much free information is available!
Best Pennywise Tip: If you love your subscriptions, but can’t pay for it yourself, why not put it on your Christmas Wish List. That makes it an easy gift for a friend or grandparent to buy.
2. Buy in bulk. This is a great save money tip with the many bulk food stores around. Does it work? Just ask yourself - how can warehouse and discount clubs drastically lower their prices? Because they buy and sell in bulk. And so should you! Consumables that are non-perishable can be purchased 10-15% cheaper when bought in bulk. Be sure to stock up only on food you use up quickly or can store well long term.
Dry food products that are dehydrated and have a long shelf life are good as is replacing canned goods with bulk mixes (like powdered soup mix) that save the environment and maybe your health as well. Don’t forget the option of buying the ‘basics’ in bulk and making your own mixes, too. Avoiding packaged food is one of the best money saving tips around – and way better for your health. Think of all the packaging you don’t have to throw out or recycle. (recycling costs, too)
Avoid wasting money on food that may go bad quickly. That case of mangoes or big bag of potatoes is no bargain if you have to throw half of it away. Find someone to share it with if you can (then two of you get to save money), plan to donate some of it to the food bank or local soup kitchen (if it really is a super saving and donating to a charity is what you like to do anyway) or plan to cook, dehydrate or preserve the excess.
3. Eat at home. Eating out has become a big part of the North American lifestyle. What used to be an activity to celebrate special occasions has become part of the daily, fast-paced life. But did you know that eating out could chomp as much as 40% of your budget for food very quickly? Eat in – and save!
If you do eat out – take advantage of special offers, like free birthday meals, free kids meals or coupons.
4. Plan your meals. If you're determined to cut spending and use these save money tips, eating out 4 times a week need not be your solution giving the family cook a break. Menu planning is! Take time on weekends to plan for the following week’s meals. Better yet, sit down with the store’s flyers, your family favorite recipes and plan from there. You’ll save even more if you plan a month at a time making use of left-overs. You might want to be eating in a lot more!
Then every night take out the ingredients for tomorrow’s meals from the freezer, store them in the refrigerator. By the time you get home from work, everything is thawed and ready to be cooked.
Best Pennywise Tip: Prepare tomorrow’s meal tonight to cook in the crockpot in the morning. Dinner will be ready when everyone gets home the next day. Easy on the cook, easy on everyone!
5. Homemade skin care. Be beautiful and use these save money tips at the same time. Using ingredients from your pantry, you can take care of your skin and still save a fortune. Try the following:
- Honey and oatmeal can exfoliate dry skin.
- Ginger seeped in a bath softens your skin.
- Cucumber and milk softens tired skin.
Without drastically changing your lifestyle, you have started your path on saving money. Secure your future by using these save money tips today!
If you are:
arranged this special deal that you can get for FREE TODAY!
CLICK THE BANNER BELOW FOR INSTANT ACCESS.
Welcome to Best Pennywise Tips!
Thanks for coming by. We are
currently undergoing a big transition with our website so, please bear with us
as we learn and grow. And talk about a Best Pennywise deal – our website program
has done a million dollar PLUS upgrade – without charging us a single cent! Now
that’s a deal.
Best Pennywise Newsletter (with more tips) and Your Best PennywiseTips! where you can share your tips to save time, money and help others to live frugally.
Nov 24, 17 06:48 PM
Here's 10 Santa snacks your favorite Christmas Elf will be sure to love. You'll be ready when he pops down the chimney!
Nov 24, 17 05:46 PM
Here are some of our favorite collected quotes. (And we've been collecting them for a long time!) There are some famous sayings and wise words - some to enjoy and some to share.
Nov 23, 17 05:07 PM
Elisabeth sent in this recipe for a delicious homemade easy Cabbage Pork Stew - watch for the surprise ingredient.