These whole wheat breakfast scones are excellent for breakfast or brunch with scrambled eggs, bacon or ham. Serve with your favorite jam or marmalade.
Perfect for lazy mornings or even lunches where you want to take the time to really savor this pleasant start to your day.
But they are just as enjoyable served with a bowl of homemade soup and a favorite cheese.
Scones are just like baking powder biscuits, easy to make and quick. Served hot from the oven, everyone is impressed.
Word of warning! Use a gentle hand to knead these to give them light and fluffy. This isn't heavy duty bread dough.
Whole Wheat Breakfast Scones
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter or margarine, chilled
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries, cherries or blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Combine dry ingredients - the sugar (reserving 1 tsp of sugar), flours, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking powder - in a bowl.
3. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives. The mixture should resemble coarse crumbs.
4. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the beaten egg aside. Add remaining egg, raisins and milk to the flour mixture and combine gently.
5. Sprinkle flour on your kitchen counter, turn out the flour/egg mixture and gently knead about 5 times.
6. After kneading, pat the dough into a 3/4inch thick circle.
7. Divide into 8 wedges.
8. Place the wedges, well separated, on a greased baking sheet, brush with the reserved egg and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 18 to 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
10. Serve hot from the oven.
These wheat breakfast scones are excellent for breakfast or brunch with scrambled eggs, bacon or ham.
Serve with a side of your favourite fruit jam or marmalade.
Serve warm with a vegetable soup or salad. Delicious!
Options: Use all whole wheat flour.
Add grated organic orange or lemon zest.
Whole Wheat Breakfast Scones: Return To Homepage
If you are:
arranged this special deal that you can get for FREE TODAY!
CLICK THE BANNER BELOW FOR INSTANT ACCESS.
Welcome to Best Pennywise Tips!
Thanks for coming by. We are
currently undergoing a big transition with our website so, please bear with us
as we learn and grow. And talk about a Best Pennywise deal – our website program
has done a million dollar PLUS upgrade – without charging us a single cent! Now
that’s a deal.
Best Pennywise Newsletter (with more tips) and Your Best PennywiseTips! where you can share your tips to save time, money and help others to live frugally.
Feb 10, 17 01:03 AM
Attract bees? Attract Butterflies? Now build a natural bird feeder to attract and keep your local bird population.
Feb 10, 17 12:57 AM
You will find these 30 WordPress tips handy if you work from home or are wanting to build a second income stream or add to your list of side hustles.
Jan 04, 17 02:35 AM
PLR Business Start-Up Tips What is a PLR Business and how do I get started? are some of the first questions people ask when they are looking for a home business that is a good fit.