These dairy free Almond Butter Strawberry Pancakes are simply the perfect start to your day whether you’ re wanting to avoid dairy products or not. But if you need to avoid dairy, then add these to your go-to recipe file for dairy free delights. They are also gluten free when you use a Gluten Free Pancake mix or your favorite gluten free recipe.
If you don't need or want them to be gluten free, then just use your favorite pancake recipe.
In either case, these are delicious when strawberry picking time is at it's peak and you can harvest some perfectly ripe and ready to eat strawberries that are full of the best summertime flavor.
Enjoy them for breakfast or brunch. Or maybe even a more filling dessert after a light dinner.
3 cups cleaned, hulled and chopped fresh strawberries
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons honey, divided
2 teaspoons Chia Seeds
Additional sweetener, if desired
1/4 cup creamy Almond Butter, lightly salted
4 teaspoons melted coconut oil
Gluten-free Pancake Mix
1. Place the chopped strawberries in a medium size bowl. Add 1 tablespoon honey and mix gently until the strawberries are well-coated.
2. Set aside 1/4 cup of the chopped strawberries.
3. In your blender, puree chia seeds for a few seconds, then add the remaining chopped strawberries. Puree until smooth. (Or puree seeds and berries at same time)
4. Blend in additional sweetener, if desired. This may depend on how ripe (and sweet) your strawberries are; use the sweetener of your choice.
5. Pour puree into a suitable serving dish and gently stir the reserved chopped strawberries into the puree.
6. Prepare one batch of dollar size pancakes according to package directions.
7. Meanwhile, mix the almond butter, coconut oil, and 2 teaspoons honey with a whisk.
8. If it is too thick, heat the mixture in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
Using 4 plates, layer a pancake with a
little of the almond butter mixture, repeat with 2 more pancakes
finishing with a little almond butter, gently pressing down.
Use the chunky strawberry puree as topping for each stack.
Finish by topping with any remaining almond butter mixture, if desired.
Another time you might want to try a different berry, always pureeing first and reserving a few whole ones to add to the topping at the end. You don’t have to do that but they just look pretty.
In the winter time, when fresh berries are not very plentiful and not very flavorful, but are more costly, I think I will try making the sauce with frozen berries.
This recipe for Almond Butter Strawberry Pancakes (dairy free and gluten free has been adapted from:
Almond Butter Strawberry Pancakes:Return To Homepage
Welcome to Best Pennywise Tips!
Thanks for coming by. We are
currently undergoing a big transition with our website so, please bear with us
as we learn and grow.
Best Pennywise Newsletter (with more tips) and Your Best PennywiseTips! where you can share your tips to save time, money and help others to live frugally.
Sep 01, 18 03:55 PM
Attract bees? Attract Butterflies? Now build a natural bird feeder to attract and keep your local bird population.
Jul 28, 18 01:45 AM
Have you found yourself thinking that small healthy changes won’t make much difference? Easier? Sure. Effective? No.
Jul 27, 18 02:14 AM
Lots of tips, recipes, games, and fun ideas in our Holiday Tips Index. Go ahead and make your holidays more fun for all your family and friends. Some of these can turn into pennywise gifts you'll be p…