Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake has flavors that meld well for this next Valentines Cheesecake.
It’s on a cream-filled cookie crust base.
This Valentine's Cheesecake is baked and then chilled
so allow plenty of prep time.
Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
1 1/2 cup cream-filled cookie crumbs *
2 Tbsp margarine, melted
32 oz cream cheese, softened and separated
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled slightly
2/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup whipping cream
Fresh raspberries and additional whipped whipping cream, optional for garnish
* Cookie crumbs should come from 18 cream-filled cookies that have been finely crushed.
1. Combine crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of greased 9-inch spring-form pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat 24 oz cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Blend in sour cream and vanilla; pour over crust.
5. Beat remaining 8 ozs cream cheese and melted chocolate, at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
6. Stir in Red Raspberry preserves; mix well.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoonsfuls of chocolate-raspberry-cream cheese batter over plain cream cheese batter. Do not swirl.
8. Bake at 325 degrees F., 1 hour and 25 minutes until center is set and top has a dull baked look.
9. Cool on wire racks for 10 – 15 minutes. Carefully loosen cake (run a knife down the side) from rim of pan; cool 1 hour or more longer.
10. Melt chocolate pieces with whipping cream over low heat stirring until smooth, bringing just to boil. Cool slightly.
11. Spread over cheesecake. Chill overnight.
12. Garnish with additional whipped whipping cream, raspberries and fresh mint leaves, if desired.
Best Pennywise Tip: If you can, use the best raspberry jam you can afford. The flavor is just more intense.
I love to make mini cheesecakes in tin foil cupcake holders. These are perfect especially with the whipped cream, fresh raspberries, a mint leaf or maybe some melted chocolate drizzled over the top of the berries and cream.
They’ll bake and cool much faster, too. Bake these smaller cheesecakes about 15 to 20 minutes.
A visual delight!
If you are:
arranged this special deal that you can get for FREE TODAY!
CLICK THE BANNER BELOW FOR INSTANT ACCESS.
Welcome to Best Pennywise Tips!
Thanks for coming by. We are
currently undergoing a big transition with our website so, please bear with us
as we learn and grow.
Best Pennywise Newsletter (with more tips) and Your Best PennywiseTips! where you can share your tips to save time, money and help others to live frugally.
May 26, 18 04:30 PM
A Bouquet Garni is a herb blend using at least 3 different but compatible herbs. The herbs, perhaps with some spices like cloves and pepper corns included are tied up in bundles to use in soups or ste…
May 24, 18 04:02 PM
There are spaghetti sauces and then there is Pesto! One of summer’s most delightful harvests from the garden is basil picked at perfection. Perhaps its because Basil is known as l’herbe royale, king o…
May 21, 18 04:41 PM
Avoiding salt? Here is the perfect Salt Substitute. Use as you would any seasoning salt.