This collection of 4 Christmas Dessert Recipes are so luscious you'll love to serve them over the holidays. Not only are they easy to mix together but none require baking in the oven. Make any of these 4 Christmas dessert recipes the day before, chill them in the refrigerator and they'll be ready to serve without any fuss.
Everyone will ooh and ahh - and you can pretend you spent hours in the kitchen!
Stockpile the ingredients so you can handle even unexpected guests - and don't forget to take them along to the ski lodge, too!
Not only do we love Cherries in Snow a little bit frozen, once they are mixed we scoop it into shiny tin foil baking cups. They look so pretty, especially if you place a small Christmas or holiday napkin on the plate first! (and serve by candlelight or with twinkling lights on the table or buffet).
An elegant way to end the evening.
Candy Cane Marble, Cherries In Snow, Chocolate Raspberry Ornaments, Cozy Log Cabin Cheesecake
Candy Cane Marble
Of all the Christmas dessert recipes in our collection here, this is the one we love the most for gift giving. Once it's made and has hardened, it's ready to package.
1 pound dark chocolate
1 pound white chocolate
30 small peppermint candy canes
1. Put dark chocolate in a microwave bowl and heat on high setting in microwave 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth.
2. Stir chocolate about every 30 seconds to make sure lumps are melting.
3. Put white chocolate in microwave bowl and heat like dark chocolate.
4. Put candy canes in a large freezer bag. Using a rolling pin break the candy canes into different size pieces.
5. Place half the crushed candy canes in a strainer and shake small crumbs into dark chocolate.
6. Place the remaining crushed candy into strainer and shake crumbs into white chocolate.
7. Line a 9X9 baking pan with heavy aluminum foil.
8. Spread dark chocolate out into bottom of pan.
9. Spread white chocolate over the dark chocolate in pan.
10. Sprinkle the rest of the crushed candy canes over the top.
Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
When hardened break up pieces of candy by dropping chocolate in foil straight down on the counter.
Cherries In Snow
1 can cherry pie filling
1 small jar green Maraschino cherries
1 small package chopped pecans
1/2 bag miniature marshmallows
1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Place cherry pie filling in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix in green Maraschino cherries.
3. Add pecans and marshmallows.
4. Fold in thawed whipped topping being sure to mix well so all ingredients are well blended.
5. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
You may want to save a few Maraschino cherries (cut in half or quarters) to serve on top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Chocolate Raspberry Ornaments
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 -8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
15 vanilla wafers with creme, crushed
1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
Finely chopped toasted almonds
1. Melt chocolate chips until completely melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
2. Place cream cheese and raspberry jam in a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Pour melted chocolate over cream cheese mixture and mix together until very smooth.
3. Fold in vanilla wafer crumbs being sure to cover all the crumbs with the chocolate mixture.
4. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or until chocolate is firm.
5. Once firm, shape chocolate mixture into balls.
6. Roll half the candy balls in the toasted almonds and the other half in the toasted coconut.
Store in the refrigerator to keep them from becoming too soft.
Cozy Log Cabin Cheesecake
2 - 8 oz. packages fat-free cream cheese
1 - 4 oz. package sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
2/3 cup non-fat, dry, milk powder
1 cup sugar-free maple syrup
1 cup lite whipped topping
1 - 6 oz. graham cracker pie crust (or make your own)
1 tsp. coconut extract
2 Tablespoon flaked coconut
2 Tablespoon chopped pecans
1. Bring cream cheese and whipped topping to room temperature.
2. In a large bowl, add pudding mix, milk powder, maple syrup. Mix well.
3. Add and blend 1/4 cup whipped topping. Spread evenly in pie crust and refrigerate.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining whipped topping and coconut extract. Mix well and spread on top of cream cheese filling.
Sprinkle top with coconut flakes and pecans.
Refrigerate over-night or at least 3 hours.
Thanks for Sharing!
Welcome to Best Pennywise Tips!
Thanks for coming by. We are
currently undergoing a big transition with our website so, please bear with us
as we learn and grow.
Best Pennywise Newsletter (with more tips) and Your Best PennywiseTips! where you can share your tips to save time, money and help others to live frugally.
Jul 28, 18 01:45 AM
Have you found yourself thinking that small healthy changes won’t make much difference? Easier? Sure. Effective? No.
Jul 27, 18 02:14 AM
Lots of tips, recipes, games, and fun ideas in our Holiday Tips Index. Go ahead and make your holidays more fun for all your family and friends. Some of these can turn into pennywise gifts you'll be p…
Jul 24, 18 05:45 PM
Learning how to customize WordPress with Themes & Plug Ins just got easier with our step-by-step tips. So now that you’ve got WordPress installed you can move ahead to the fun part.