Exercise for weight loss success is mandatory if you are looking improved health and fitness – but not everyone who wants to lose weight is prepared to go to the local gym or to join an exercise class.
Going alone to the gym can be a depressing experience for some if they are too ready to compare themselves to the “after” versions of fitness success. Sometimes those that do go lose motivation quickly then find that they are avoiding going. The trim muscles they gained and the weight they lost going to the gym piles back on, yet they are reluctant to start again.
If you are hesitant to go to the gym, with or without a personal trainer, choosing to exercise for weight loss at home might be the perfect solution. Who knows, it might be the cost of a gym membership, winter’s nasty weather or a change in your work schedule that prevents you from going for a little while or at all.
For those who want to stay in and exercise at home, buying a few pieces of gym equipment is a good idea: these pieces help the exerciser to focus plus provide a constant reminder that they are there to be used.
Do you need help keeping motivated
to exercise for weight loss?
For anyone planning to exercise for weight loss at home, some good pieces to buy are:
Treadmill – some studies have shown this device is best at burning calories. Fold-away treadmills can help those who do not have much room for big pieces of exercise equipment.
Elliptical trainer - these little machines, sometimes called 'cross' trainers, exercise both upper and lower body at the same time, by encouraging the person to perform 'skiing' motions. They provide a quick method of burning maximum calories, ideal for the person who wants to exercise for weight loss at home.
Exercise Balls - available from gym shops and many local retailers, these balance balls help burn calories and increase stamina. Useful for giving muscles a 'rest' without abandoning exercises altogether. They come in a variety of sizes, pick the one best suited for your height. Some come with a pump included and an exercise book but I find that a DVD (actually mine is so old that it’s a Videocassette) is easier to follow. There are many DVDs available, some with yoga or pilates and some just using the balance ball on its own.
Rebounder: These are even better now as home exercise equipment for weight loss and health since they are now portable. They can even be folded up and toted with you in a carrying case. Once again, look for a good book or DVD to keep you on track. Once you have developed a good routine, you can use any of these pieces of fitness equipment while listening your favorite bouncy music or watching TV. The time just flies past.
Once these items are purchased, plan a time every day when they will be used. First thing in the morning, or after coming home from work are good times to exercise - then you can get on with the rest of your day feeling energized.
Here’s a few tips:
1. Always do some stretches first.
2. Begin exercising by walking on the treadmill for about 20 minutes at a time. Start off slowly, and then build speed over time - as you get better on the treadmill, it can be used for longer periods every day. After 20 minutes step off the treadmill, drink some water, and perform some stretches.
3. On the second day, do a number of sit ups or crunches. Lay on the floor, arms behind head, and legs straight (sit ups) or bent (crunches). Raise the head and shoulders from the floor (being careful not to lift the head using the arms), as far as possible. It is not important if the head doesn't rise very far - what is important is flexing the abdominal muscles. Lower the head back down onto the floor, and repeat a further 9 times.
4. Next, sit on the Pilates ball with calves at 90 degrees to hips: use the ball to bounce up and down, flexing the leg muscles; repeat about 20 times. Swing your arms at a comfortable speed and watch your breathing.
5. Then, lay on the ball face down; keeping the balance by having your feet on the floor, and arms behind head; push the head downwards and raise back up. Work up to doing this about twenty times in total. Once you are confident in performing these exercises, add weights to provide more resistance.
These are a few of the ways in which you can exercise for weight loss at home, without needing to buy an entire home gym.
Is this YOUR Year to make a change?
If you are:
arranged this special deal that you can get for FREE TODAY!
CLICK THE BANNER BELOW FOR INSTANT ACCESS.
Welcome to Best Pennywise Tips!
Thanks for coming by. We are
currently undergoing a big transition with our website so, please bear with us
as we learn and grow.
Best Pennywise Newsletter (with more tips) and Your Best PennywiseTips! where you can share your tips to save time, money and help others to live frugally.
Jun 15, 18 04:53 PM
Fruit Rice Warm Up is a delicious blend of brown rice and fruit that makes a yummy warm breakfast, snack or, well, frankly, I'd eat it for dessert. It’s Gluten Free and Dairy Free, too.
Jun 07, 18 12:24 AM
Got a fish? Now you have 3 fish stuffing recipes! One made of bread crumbs with hot water for the liquid, the second of cracker crumbs with milk for the liquid, and the third of bread crumbs with stew…
Jun 06, 18 08:03 PM
Cream Sauce (also called White Sauce) with it's many uses, could be called a kitchen staple. Whether you call it cream sauce or white sauce, you'll find it has the ability to turn plain jane foods , i…