Garlic Bean Sprout Beef Burgers – another quick and easy meal that can be ready in minutes – is low cost and takes you up a notch from just a plain beef patty.
One nice thing is that they are juicy and actually taste pretty good hot or cold – so it might be something you want to include in a bag lunch or take on a picnic.
Some people like to make them smaller just so that they will be more convenient as a finger food.
1 1/2 pound / 700g lean ground beef
1 teaspoon each pepper and garlic powder, to taste
1 1/3 cup bean sprouts
1. Break up the beef into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the egg, pepper and garlic powder . Mix together with your hands until completely blended.
3. Add the bean sprouts (I prefer to chop them first) and mix until the bean sprouts are distributed throughout the meat mixture.
4. Form the mixture into desired size patties.
5. Place a scant amount of water, just enough to cover the bottom, in a large skillet. Place over medium heat.
6. Place the patties into the skillet. (Or on grill) Brown 10 minutes.
7. Turn the patties over. Continue to brown another 8 minutes or until the patties are cooked through and done to your liking.
Test meat to an internal temperature of 140F
Options: Add up to 1 medium onion, finely chopped and sautéed onion.
Substitute 1 clove fresh garlic, finely chopped or minced in place of the garlic powder.
Add up to ½ cup fine breadcrumbs. If you add dry breadcrumbs, add 1 Tablespoon water. If the breadcrumbs are soft (from fresh bread), you may not need any additional water.
Best Pennywise Tip: This is an excellent choice to extend the meat and fill up a hungry family. Make sure, if this is the protein serving, that each person gets enough protein. THis can also be done by, for instance, serving a bean salad or green salad where you add red kidney beans (or other favorite) to boost the protein.
If you are:
arranged this special deal that you can get for FREE TODAY!
CLICK THE BANNER BELOW FOR INSTANT ACCESS.
Welcome to Best Pennywise Tips!
Thanks for coming by. We are
currently undergoing a big transition with our website so, please bear with us
as we learn and grow.
Best Pennywise Newsletter (with more tips) and Your Best PennywiseTips! where you can share your tips to save time, money and help others to live frugally.
Jun 15, 18 04:53 PM
Fruit Rice Warm Up is a delicious blend of brown rice and fruit that makes a yummy warm breakfast, snack or, well, frankly, I'd eat it for dessert. It’s Gluten Free and Dairy Free, too.
Jun 07, 18 12:24 AM
Got a fish? Now you have 3 fish stuffing recipes! One made of bread crumbs with hot water for the liquid, the second of cracker crumbs with milk for the liquid, and the third of bread crumbs with stew…
Jun 06, 18 08:03 PM
Cream Sauce (also called White Sauce) with it's many uses, could be called a kitchen staple. Whether you call it cream sauce or white sauce, you'll find it has the ability to turn plain jane foods , i…